Remote Learning Schedule - STEM
This page will be updated with a list of your assignments for STEM. It is your responsibility to complete these assignments on the day they are assigned. If no new assignments are showing for the current day, refresh your page.
Week 2 (Nov 16 - 20)
Monday, November 16th
1) With the wind turbines being built around Colfax, I thought it would be interesting to look at how wind turbines are made throughout the world. Below, you will find a link to a youtube video about wind turbines. For class today, only watch the first 16 minutes! We will be watching this video for the next few days. There is also a link to a video notes assignment. While you are watching the first 16 minutes of the youtube video, take 5 notes about what you learned from the video. Once you have finished the first 16 minutes of the video and completed your 5 video notes, that is all you need to do for STEM today.
If for some reason the video is not loading from the link, copy and paste the following link into your search bar.
Tuesday, November 17th
1) For class today you will be continuing the video on how wind turbines are made that you started yesterday. For class today, watch minutes 16:00 - 33:00! We will be finishing this video tomorrow. While you are watching minutes 16-33 of the youtube video, take 5 more notes about what you learned from the video. You should have a total of 10 notes completed after today's portion of the video. Once you have finished this portion of the video and completed your 5 video notes, that is all you need to do for STEM today.
To access the video and video notes, click the links above from yesterday.
Wednesday, November 18th
1) For class today you will be finishing the video on how wind turbines are made that you started Monday. For class today, watch minutes 33:00 - END! While you are watching the rest of the youtube video, take 5 more notes about what you learned from the video. You should have a total of 15 notes completed after today's portion of the video. Once you have finished this portion of the video and completed your 5 video notes, turn in your video note assignment. Once you have turned in your notes, that is all you need to do for STEM today.
To access the video and video notes, click the links above from Monday.
Thursday, November 19th
1) If you did not finish your wind turbine engineering notes from the past three days, you need to get that done right away and make sure it is submitted. If you did not turn it in yesterday, it has been entered into the grade book as a "0" but once you get it turned in, that grade will be updated. To access your not sheet and video link, click the link above from Monday.
2) Watch the video that is attached below. This video features Mark Rober, creating the world's largest elephant toothpaste experiment. After watching the video, complete the reflection sheet. Make sure you are descriptive in your answers, this is being counted for a grade. These videos and reflection sheets can be accessed through Google Classroom or by clicking the links below.
Friday, November 20th
1) For class today there are no new assignments, but you have a work day to get caught up on anything that is missing for STEM. Any missing assignments from the past two weeks of remote learning have been entered in as a 0 in the grade book. When you get these assignments turned in, the points will be added back to your grade. If you have missing assignments, you should have received an email from me last night detailing which assignments you are missing. Check your email and Skyward to see if you have any missing assignments. It is your responsibility to use the class time today to get caught up on the missing work. If you have everything completed and have no missing assignments, you are good to go for STEM today.
2) Just a reminder that Monday and Tuesday of next week have been changed to remote learning planning days. This means that there will be no new assignments posted on Monday or Tuesday of next week. Have a great Thanksgiving!